Thursday, May 19, 2011

Negotiation With the Alarm Clock

Have you ever had to negotiate with your alarm clock in the morning?  I have to say that is how my morning has started.   I am already a snooze button hitter to begin with, but there are mornings that the alarm goes off and I have that mental negotiation with myself so that I can stay in bed for five more minutes.  It goes something like this…
·         I won’t curl my hair today (5 more minutes)
·         I won’t wear something this morning that needs to be ironed (5 more minutes)
·         I will drink my coffee at work (5 more minutes)
·         I will order a school lunch (5 more minutes) You know it is going to be one of those 
           days when I am willing to have a school lunch.
·         I will eat a granola bar in the car on my way to work (5 more minutes)
So now I’m running late… Not a good thing when you’re a teacher and being prepared for the day is the best way to start with the right foot forward.  Let’s just say I hope those extra minutes pay off for me today.  Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails